Wednesday, April 14, 2010

letting go isn't easy but sometimes that's the only choice you have.



The reflection of you two kissing in my rear view mirror really made me wish i was blind that day. i heard something, i wasn't sure if it was the voice in my heart or my head that began to say "cry girl" but I couldn't so i just closed my eyes tight hoping i was dreaming and when I opened them the "nightmare" would be vanished,But it didn't there you were and there was she, right in back of me i sank down in my seat slowly hoping you wouldn't notice me, part of me thought you did see me or you knew it was my car but then i realized by the way you held her so tight,so close, you could careless who was watching you. as i stared I just sat back thinking of your kiss and warm embrace, too see you doing it to someone that wasn't me made me wish you didn't set me free, i wished that you did come after me one last time, but your a man of your word you said the last time i had one of my "I'm leaving tantrums" you'd let me go, and you did just that. as I watch the two of you, you seem really happy, but yet the pain my eyes in took trickled down to my
heart and cracked all four chambers, I began to somber and the tears from my soul hit my cheek, the tears were so cold and wet, wiping them wasn't an option they kept falling and had no intention of stopping
so i just let them run until they ran dry. I wished that day i was blind so I didn't have to witness the kiss you planted on her forehead, that kiss used to be mine it used to be "ours", how could i have been so stupid not to see that true love was right in front of me? look at me now watching true love, love on someone else.
The last reflection the glass showed me you two walking away hand in hand and although i was crying something in me found a way to crack a smile, at that point i began to understand it was time to let go and realize that you weren't any longer my true love,...no longer my Man.

CHERISH IT WHILE YOU HAVE IT, A LOVE NOT WORTH LOSING IS A LOVE WORTH FIGHTING FOR. AND A LOVE LOST IS A LOVE WORTH GOING AFTER.

1 comment:

  1. This is really good poetry. I feel as if I can relate real talk.

    ReplyDelete